Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [4 Sep] Roadside Assistance by Marie Harte ★★★
- [4 Sep] Sunday Post Week 35
- [5 Sep] Taming the Highlander by May McGoldrick ★★★½
- [6 Sep] The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas ★★★★
- [7 Sep] Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen ★★★★½
- [8 Sep] Rebellious by Gillian Archer ★★★★
- [9 Sep] Beautiful Sacrifice by Gen Ryan ★★★★
- [10 Sep] Pull Me Close by Sidney Halston ★★★★½
What’s Coming Up:
- The Playbook by Kelly Elliot
- The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons
- Hard to Hold by Katie Rose
- The Smoke Hunter by Jacqueline Benson
- #Bae by Cambria Hebert (this is a drop-everything-and-read book for me!!)
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Parajunkee gives us Ten Things You Can Do With WordPress That You Didn’t Know About!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Today is September 11th, a day of remembrance here in the USA. I remember the day clearly. I was in college at the time, and working at a daycare on Wright Patterson AFB. So, when the planes hit the towers, they evacuated the base of nonessential personnel. So, I went home and every station on TV (even MTV, Spike, etc) was showing newscasts of the ongoing disaster. I remember feeling so helpless. For days after, regular TV didn’t return. It was nonstop news for another day or so. Then, John Stewart’s show came back on and he brought puppies. Because everyone needed a moment away from the tragedy. So, I watched John Stewart cuddle puppies. I still can’t believe that was 15 years ago.
I leave for Italy soon!! I am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I’m not nervous yet, but I know I will be. Trying to get everything together for 10 days away from work is tricky as well. I am trying to be proactive and make sure that all my students are prepared for things that will occur while I am gone. Thankfully, this year, I have Juniors and Seniors so they are more self sufficient than Freshmen. But, I still worry about them! I know my coworkers will take care of anything that happens, but I still worry!!
So, they have done a pretty good job of cleaning up after the flooding! We still have no ceiling tiles in part of a hallway, and the paint is still chipped away, but other than that, everything looks normal! Yay!!!
It is finally suppose to cool down a little here and I am super excited! Thank goodness for cooler weather. I LOVE snow, winter, and all things cold! Bring it on!!!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!