Lets talk audiobooks! I know some people struggle with them, so I wanted to share a few tips and a few of my favorite narrators to hopefully convince a few hesitant readers to give it a shot!
Tip: Try listening to a book you already read and loved! This way, you know you are going to enjoy the story and if you lose focus, its no big deal!
Tip: Start with podcasts! It can be a podcast about anything. There are several about books, but there are tons about every topic under the sun. They are usually short (under an hour) and will help you get a feel for listening to stories! A few of my favorites are:
- Read Me Romance
- Crime Junkie
- Heaving Bosoms
Narrators make all the difference in audiobooks. If you have tried one before and hated it, it was probably just that you didn’t connect with that narrator. There are a few narrators I think are so phenomenal that you should give them a listen.
- James Marsters (Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher)
- Andi Arndt (Royally Screwed by Emma Chase, The Good Girl by Mary Kubica)
- Kasha Kensington (Found by BL Brunnemer, Menace by JM Darhower)
- Iggy Toma (Tie Breaker by P. Dangelico)
- Angela Dawe (The PsyChangeling series by Nalini Singh, The Servants of Twilight by Dean Koontz)
If you have any tips that helped you get into audiobooks, share them in the comments! Have a favorite narrator I didn’t mention-let me know!