Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [1 Jul] Devil and the Deep by Julie Ann Walker
- [2 Jul] Navy Seal Seduction by Bonnie Vanak ★★★½
- [4 Jul] Moonshot by Alessandra Torre ★★★★
- [5 Jul] Phoenix Freed by Elise Faber ★★★★½
- [6 Jul] Wrong Place, Right Time by Elle Casey ★★★★
- [7 Jul] Where I Belong by J. Daniels ★★★
- [8 Jul] Hacking the SEAL by Leslie North ★★★
- [10 Jul] Beneath Broken by C.J. Pinard ★★★
- [11 Jul] Strong Silent SEAL by Paige Tyler ★★★½
- [12 Jul] The Shortcoming by Shay Savage ★★★
- [14 Jul] The Virgin and the Viscount by Charis Michaels ★★★★★
- [15 Jul] Clutch by L. Wilder ★★★★
- [16 Jul] His to Protect by Stacey Lynn ★★★
- [16 Jul] The Concubine by Shay Savage
- [17 Jul] Her Survivor by Vonnie Davis ★★
- [18 Jul] His Scandalous Kiss by Sophie Barnes ★★★★
- [19 Jul] Rescuing Emily by Susan Stoker ★★★★
- [20 Jul] An Act of Obsession by K.C. Lynn ★★★★
- [21 Jul] Going Down Easy by Carly Phillips ★★★★
- [21 Jul] Aaron's Honor by Lindsay Cross ★★★
- [23 Jul] Dangerous Protector by Katie Reus ★★★★
- [25 Jul] Ultimate Courage by Piper J. Drake ★★★★
- [26 Jul] Virtue Falls by Christina Dodd ★★★★
- [27 Jul] Dirty For Me by Jackie Ashenden
- [28 Jul] Only an Earl Will Do by Tamara Gill ★★★½
- [30 Jul] Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas ★★★★★
My least favorite read this month was Dirty for Me. It was just….no. My favorite read was The Virgin and the Viscount! I am so glad I took a chance on it! It was a unique historical romance that I really enjoyed!
In August, I have 28 reviews scheduled (yes, I am a voracious reader!). I am super excited for The Darkest Link by Scarlett Cole and A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean. I loved the other books in the series so I have been making grabby hands for these books! I also just got a copy of the upcoming Sidney Halston book, Pull Me Close, which I am excited for because the heroine is an agoraphobic! So, maybe there will be 29 reviews this month…There are 31 days in August so I have a few days to spare 😉
What’s Coming Up:
- Gone Too Deep by Katie Ruggle (Loved It!)
- Out of Bounds by RS Grey (Loved it!)
- Fool Me Once by Katee Robert (meh)
- This Earl is on Fire by Vivienne Loret (meh)
- Mettle by JC Valentine (meh)
- Hard Rules by Lisa Renee Jones (So good!)
- Jonquils for Jax by Katy Regnery
- Blind Landing by Carrie Aarons
- The Gun Runner by Scott Hildreth
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Molly’s Book Nook gives us her 4 Essential Blog Design Resources
- Parajunkie gives us the 10 different BAD responses authors might have to a 1 star review!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Tomorrow I go back to work. Well, sort of! I am teaching a two week test prep class. But, as soon as that ends, I have to start my regular job of teaching. I am already missing summer and my daily afternoon nap! Adulting sucks!
I started PIIT28 this week. Its a high intensity interval pilates routine. It is KILLING ME! Holy moly! You are suppose to do 4 rounds of the routine; I can only do 2 but I am trying! And boy do my muscles feel it! Hopefully it will translate into results. I have a thyroid condition called Hashimoto’s (recently, Zoe Saldana spoke about her diagnosis!). While I have been on medication and monitoring it for years, I still struggle occasionally when my thyroid acts up. I can tell I am having one of those thyroid flare ups. My weight has gone up despite exercise and calorie counting, my skin is dry and cracking, I have bouts of insomnia followed by times of sleeping all day and night. Its no fun. It also causes a spike in my anxiety, so I have to have my anxiety meds adjusted as well. I have an appointment for my biannual bloodwork this week, then a follow up with my endocrinologist the following week. Hopefully we can come up with a plan to help during these times!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!