Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [10 Oct] How to Catch an Heiress by Natalie Rios ★★★
- [11 Oct] Going Down Fast by Carly Phillips ★★★★
- [12 Oct] The Virgin Cowboy by Alexa Riley ★★★★
- [12 Oct] Down Shift by K. Bromberg ★★★★★
- [13 Oct] Tonic by Staci Hart ★★★½
- [13 Oct] Honor by Jay Crownover ★★★★
- [14 Oct] Sweet Haven by K.C. Lynn ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- How to Catch an Heiress by Natalie Rios
- Going Down Fast by Carly Phillips
- Down Shift by K. Bromberg
- Honor by Jay Crowonver
- The Virgin Cowboy by Alexa Riley
- Tonic by Staci Hart
- Sweet Haven by KC Lynn
- Royally Screwed by Emma Chase
This Week’s New Releases:
- Lots of signed books from various authors!
- All 4 books in the search and rescue series by Katie Ruggle!
- Print copy of Safe from Harm (US Only)
- Kindle Fire 10!
- Paperback copy of In Ruins by Danielle Pearl!
What I Found Online:
- Why Kristin from Addicted to HEA doesn’t read realistic fiction (and I totally agree!)
- Kei from The Lovely Pages gives us her thoughts on villains!
This Week’s Book Haul:
I also received copies of Tonic by Staci Hart and The Virgin Cowboy by Alexa Riley!
So, this week was homecoming week for my students. Each day is a new theme of craziness! Trying to teach during a week like this is tough, but it is fun to see them dress like their favorite character or a tacky tourist. However, the most rewarding thing happened Friday. So, its a tradition in our school that on the day of the homecoming game, the seniors on the football team give their jersey to a teacher who has been important to them. I have been teaching at the school for 5 years an never gotten the honor before this past Friday. Needless to say, I was blown away! I even teared up a bit! It sounds cliche, but things like this remind me why I love teaching. Knowing that of all the teachers in our school, this young man thought I was the most important person to him is humbling! I am still in shock over it all.
So, I also decided to take my dog with me to the game. She had a blast! Thankfully, she is great with large groups of people and lots of kids. The noises and chaos didn’t bother her at all. She loved all the kids playing with her. Being able to take her places with me makes it easier for me to leave the house. If it weren’t for being able to take her, I would probably never leave unless it was to go to work, then come straight home!
October is a crazy month at work. I have to be at the school 6 days a week all month (Saturdays are filled this month with teaching a test prep class, administering the ACT, and open house). I’m also falling super behind in my reading! I think being in Italy put me behind because I didn’t have as much time as normal to read. I mean, it was Italy. I had to shop and have gelato! So, I am frantically playing catch up with my scheduled book reviews! Does this happen to anyone else? How do you manage it when you get behind? I have never in my 1.5 years of blogging missed a scheduled deadline and I don’t think I would ever tell a PR company I needed more time. So, it looks like I will be staying up VERY late!
I will be staying up late because the books I have scheduled for this week are books I have been DYING to read!!! Down Shift, Honor, Sweet Haven, and Royally Screwed have been on the top of my ‘Can’t Wait’ list! No sleep for me! I have books to read, people! What books are on your ‘Can’t Wait’ list? (Cause, you know, I need to add more books to my list….hahaha!)
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!