Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [9 Apr] The Darkest Promise by Gena Showalter ★★★★
- [11 Apr] Rescuing Sadie by Susan Stoker ★★★★
- [11 Apr] Close Cover by Lexi Blake ★★★★
- [11 Apr] His to Protect by Carly Phillips ★★★½
- [12 Apr] Throwback Thursday: The Sookie Stackhouse series
What’s Coming Up:
- The Elizas by Sara Shepard
- Embracing her Heart by Melissa Foster
- Fearless Mating by Milly Taiden
- Approaching the Bench by Chantal Fernando
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Cait at Paper Fury gives us the things that make bloggers ragey!
- Nick at Infinite Limits of Love gives us the Romance books by authors of color she wants to read!
This Week’s Book Haul:
What an exhausting week!! Now that we are getting closer to summer vacation, the kids (and the teachers) are getting crazy! Kids who have never been a problem in the past are suddenly acting out and teachers are just throwing in the towel! Its exhausting. And we still have 6 weeks left (plus exams!). Moral of the story-hug the teachers in your life; chances are, they are having a ROUGH go of things.
I also agreed to chaperone the mission trip to Jamaica in June! I’m very excited (it will be the 2nd time I have taken students out of the country). However, the expense is kind of daunting. My flight and room are covered by the school, but I had to renew my passport, invest in a HECK of a lot of sunblock, bug spray, food, etc. So, I’m kind of freaking out about that. I started a gofundme to help get the money I need. I’m really excited about the trip though-its a great opportunity to provide support to a Franciscan mission in Negril. They have a soup kitchen and help provide food and supplies to the local school children. They also help out with families who need home repairs or other assistance. If you want more info about where we are going, you can read my GoFundMe 🙂
The weather got nice by Friday! It was almost 80 degrees and sunny! Of course Monday they are calling for flurries…My allergies are certainly feeling the spring! My nose is stuffy, my eyes are watery, and my voice sounds like I smoke 4 packs a day. Ah, spring.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!