Genres: Contemporary Romance
After five years, tragedy brings Hannah Casey back to Hurricane Creek to bury what’s left of her family. She’s flunking out of college, haunted by scandal, and the only person who cares is Sean Whitlow, an irresistible bad boy with a soft spot for her. The problem? He’s her dead sister’s ex.
Sean doesn’t bleed red, he bleeds motor oil. During the week, he struggles to turn his auto repair shop into a profitable business. But when Saturday night rolls around, he’s the reigning stock-car king of the local race track. He doesn’t know how to lose–or how to walk away and leave Hannah alone with her grief.
Between her grades and her wealthy family’s dark secrets, Hannah’s barely holding her life together. And the last thing Sean needs is to get tangled up with another Casey girl. As the attraction between them spins out of control, they’ll either find a love with no limits–or go up in flames.
This book was a struggle for me. I had NO problems putting it down. When I would pick it back up, I was always thinking “What is this book about again?” because it just didn’t hold my interest. But, here are my likes/dislikes
1. Interesting storyline with what happened to Hannah and her family. That part keeps you reading because you want to know what the heck is going on!
2. Evie is a great supporting character and I hope she gets her own book!
3. The story is well written/worded and it flows well
4. I liked the car racing aspect!
1. I just couldn’t really make myself care about the characters. I just didn’t connect with them at all.
2. For whatever reason, this story just didn’t hold my attention.
This is a book that perhaps would have gotten a higher rating if I read it some other time. Maybe I am just burnt out on NA? Who knows! So, if you like angsty NA, this is a good book! I don’t want my wishy washy feelings to dissuade you from trying it because I can’t even really put my finger on why It didn’t click with me. Its probably just me!!!