Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [4 Jun] Sworn to Protect by Diana Gardin ★★★½
- [5 Jun] Cougar Bait by Evangeline Anderson ★★★★
- [6 Jun] Abandoned by Rhonda Pollero ★★★★
- [7 Jun] Revenge by Lexi Blake ★★★★
- [8 Jun] Hearts on Air by L.H. Cosway ★★★
- [8 Jun] Protecting Kiera by Susan Stoker ★★★★½
- [9 Jun] Enforcer by Katana Collins ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- The Mistaken Billionaire by Lexxie Couper
- Salvaged by Jay Crownover
- Falling Hard by Pamela Clare
- Fast Kill by Kaylea Cross
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Books I’ll Never read by Reading away the days: What do you think? Do you have books you know you will never read? I do for sure!
- 6 Bollywood movies to watch if you loved When Dimple met Rishi from Nick at Nick and Neryeda: I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book and I have always been interested in Bollywood so you know I will check this out!
- Tips on writing Reviews from Angela at Angel’s Guilty Pleasure: I always love reading other bloggers tips on reviews so I can keep things fresh!
- 7 Blogging Confessions from Molly at Molly’s Book Nook: I <3 these so much because its nice to know I’m not alone!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Purchased for 99 cents!
ARC thanks to the authors and publishers:
Our flight leaves this Friday! First stop, London! I’m excited about our trip. This week will be busy though-cleaning the house, packing, administering the ACT to a student who has accommodations, and more. But, it will all be worth it! I can’t wait.
They came to put our AC in on Saturday. It was 92 degrees! We are expected to have a heat wave this coming week with the temp each day above 90. That usually doesn’t happen here until July. Glad the AC is back! It took them 10 hours to get it and the new furnace in! It was beyond an all day job for sure.
This past week was my first week of summer vacation! I had a dentist appointment Tuesday, then I had to take both dogs to the vet (without my husband! These 2 are tough to control in small spaces with lots of people by myself!). Yoda had lost 9 lbs in a year, so they wanted to do bloodwork. Thankfully, everything is totally fine. I think its because we have lived in the house for a year now and he gets so much more exercise! He runs around in the yard, plays fetch, and chases squirrels. He isn’t underweight or anything now either. He is just a tall, slim dog so 9 lbs was shocking. But, now that we know everything is fine, he just gets extra snacks.
My panic attacks have started. My fear of leaving the dogs is one thing that feeds my OCD obsessions. I think about all the things that could happen while we are away. Then I think about the confusion the dogs will feel when we aren’t around and they have to sleep somewhere else for 14 days (that could feel like forever to them!). This gets me into full blown panic attack and I have to take an Ativan to calm down. It has been once a day for the past few days but I fear it will get worse as we get closer to departure day. I am concerned it will impact my ability to fully enjoy my vacation as well. I have done cognitive behavior therapy in the past but my obsessions and compulsions when it comes to my pets simply didn’t change or lessen. Now I am able to take different routes to work without thinking that it will mean the day is cursed, I can mostly lessen my obsessive thoughts regarding comments people make, but I have not been able to make any headway in my pet related obsessions and compulsions. My psycharitist is concerned as to my mental health when my dogs pass away. He fears this could be a huge panic event if we don’t find a therapy that is effective. So, my point is, I’m freaking out about leaving my dogs. They are going to be boarded at the place they go to day care at so its fine. Logically, I know that. Nothing about OCD is logical though. Sigh.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!