Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [18 Jun] Torn by Lauren Dane ★★★★
- [19 Jun] Shelter for Blythe by Susan Stoker ★★★½
- [20 Jun] Ace of Hearts by Chantal Fernando ★★★★½
- [21 Jun] Knuckle Down by Chantal Fernando ★★★½
- [23 Jun] The Woman Left Behind by Linda Howard ★★★★½
What’s Coming Up:
- Stray Magic by Kelly Meding
- Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah Maclean
- Bound by LJ Swallow
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Emma Scott’s daughter is having health problems and is currently in the ICU. If you feel moved, you can donate to help with medical expenses here.
- Have you checked out PBS’s list of the 100 most loved books?
- Check out this joint review of Burn for You from Holly and Rowena at Book Binge! Those ladies write the best reviews!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Purchased on sale (again, you can see my weekly freebie Friday post for sales too!)
ARCs thanks to the authors and publishers:
Audio ARCs thanks to Tantor Media:
And, last week I got this amazing prize from Dragonfly Reads!!
Last week I got the most amazing prize from @dragonflyreads! A signed copy of the New Camelot trilogy by @thesierrasimone, a mermaid @bookbeau, a mug rug from @thats.sew.tiff, a little bag from @novelgrounds, and a gorgeous charm bracelet! Seriously, its the most amazing prize ever! ⠀ ⠀ What was your favorite prize to win? If you aren’t already, you should go follow Dragonfly Reads and all the awesome people featured in this prize! ⠀ ⠀ #bookstagram #biblophile #booknerd #NewCamelotTrilogy #BookBeau #MugRug #readromance #Ireadromance #bookblogger
I had a pretty low key week. Summer vacation for a teacher is awesome. I had lunch with my dad on Tuesday but otherwise, I didn’t leave the house! My husband and I bought a new bed and it was delivered Friday. So far, I like it! We wanted something firmer than our previous bed and one that wouldn’t retain the heat so much! The new one is definately firmer, but I am not sure it dispels the heat any better.
Another typical teacher summer vacation tradition? Doctors appointments! Seriously, I schedule them all-physicals, yearly check ups, dentists. So, every Monday for the next month I have a medical appointment of some kind. Not my favorite way to spend time, but it has to be done.
I’ve been reading lots, but I haven’t been feeling the reviews. I feel like everything I say about a book is trite and I can’t think of anything original! What do you all do when you hit a writing slump (one of the MANY reasons I could never be an author!)?
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!