Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [22 May] Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin ★★★★
- [23 May] The Darkest Corner by Liliana Hart ★★★★
- [24 May] Chance at Redemption by Samatha Harris ★★★
- [25 May] Feel Me by Cecy Robson ★★★★
- [26 May] Viable Threat by Julie Rowe ★★★★
- [27 May] The Watcher by Bella Jewel ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle
- White Hot by Ilona Andrews
- Beyond Reason by Kat Martin
- Hard Stick by LP Dover
- Fighting with Honor by KC Lynn
- Silver Silence by Nalini Singh
- Abandoned by Rhonda Pollero
This Week’s New Releases:
- digital copy of Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin
- digital copy of the entire Madison Street series by Samatha Harris
What I Found Online:
- Kei at The Lovely Pages shares her thoughts on reading YA as an Adult
- Julie at Happily Ever Chapter wants to know what she should binge watch on Netflix
- Planning your summer reading? Join COYER and check out this poll on Goodreads!
This Week’s Book Haul:
ARCs thanks to the awesome publishers and authors
I also got Fighting with Honor by KC Lynn and Protecting Kiera by Susan Stoker. I want to point out how totally KICK ASS my book haul is this week!
I want to thank all current and former service men and women for their service. As Americans, we set aside a day to memorialize those who made the ultimate sacrifice, but really, I am amazing and humbled by all people who choose to join the service, and those who support people who join the service. My grandfather was in the Navy, my dad and uncle were in the Marines, 2 close high school friends joined the Army reserve right after graduation, and my college best friend was in the Navy. I have so much love and respect for them and am awed by their willingness to give their life for our country. So, thank you service men and women and your families.
Friday was the last normal school day. Tuesday and Wednesday my students have exams, then Thursday is graduation mass and awards, then Friday is graduation. So, this week should be fairly low stress for me as we wind down. That means I will be cleaning my office, finishing paperwork, and doing other mundane tasks.
We closed on our house 1 year ago this past Friday. I came home from work on Friday to find our AC unit stopped working. Sigh. It seems to coincidental to even be true; its like a bad verse in that horrible unironic Alanis Morsette song you know. Of course, now is not the time I can afford a new AC unit. We leave for Europe in 3 weeks!
I got food poisoning last week. It was awful! I was so miserable! The only good thing about food poisoning is it doesn’t last too long. Within 20 hours, I felt totally normal again. But those 20 hours…horrible! We determined it had to be the lettuce I used to make my salad that day. It was the only thing I ate that no one else did (since no one else was sick). So, a salad tried to kill me. A doughnut has never tried to kill me…I’m just saying…
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!