Series: The Rebels #1
Genres: Sports Romance
Setting: Boston, MA
Also in this series: Playing Defense, Calling the Plays
Also by this author: Phoenix, Draco , Pyxis, Charms of Attraction, Vega, Time of Enchantment, Playing Defense, Polaris, Calling the Plays
Football is my life, and coaching in the NFL is my dream. I have a doctorate in sports psychology, but the fact that I’m a woman means I couldn’t possibly know a thing about football, let alone coaching a team. At least, that’s what my critics say. Others argue a woman on the sidelines would be a distraction.
Distraction. Pfft. I’m a professional, and I certainly don’t fall for players.
When I land my dream job coaching the Boston Rebels, I realize just how difficult it will be to maintain a hands-off approach to the team. Everything about them, from their broad shoulders and thick biceps to their chiseled abs and narrow waists, makes it so I’m the one who’s having trouble staying focused.
As if that weren’t bad enough, I’m attracted to not one, but three, players. Three offensive players who keep breaking through my defenses.
I’m their coach, but absolutely nothing in my playbook prepared me for this. My head seems to understand they’re completely off-limits, but my heart is pulling a reverse play.
**The Reverse Play is the first book in a medium-burn reverse harem series.**
Things I loved about The Reverse Play:
- Blake is a brilliant woman! She has a PhD in sports psychology.
- Blake was an olympic athlete! She is smart and talented!
- Blake wants to break into a male dominated field and isn’t afraid to push some boundaries. She wants to coach football. Football is her life. She knows that she will have to claw her way in, but she isn’t afraid to keep putting herself out there. And while she does that, she supports other girls and women who have similar dreams.
- Football hotties. 3 of them to be exact. I love reverse harem stories, but contemporary romance RH is pretty slim. So, combine reverse harem with sports romance and its like all my dreams have come true!
- Tristan, Xavier, and Colt are wonderful heroes! They are professional footballers but they aren’t arrogant, rude, demeaning, or sexist. They are kind, humble, and sweet. It’s like finding not just 1 unicorn, but three.
So, there are my 5 favorite things about the Reverse Play! You also get a bit of a taboo romance because Blake is their coach and relationships with players is forbidden. So, will Blake give up her dream job for the love of 3 football hotties? I just loved their story. Between Blake’s dogged determination and Tristan, Colt, and Xavier’s slow romancing, this story was perfect! I think the story has laid the groundwork for a great series!
- POV: 1st (Blake)
- Tears: no
- Trope: reverse harem, football
- Triggers: none
- Series/Standalone: series (this is book 1)
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »yes « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »Unknown at this point « Hide Spoiler
sports romance like Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen, The Hardest Fall by Elle Maise, The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan but wished they were reverse harems …then you will probably like The Reverse Play!