Genres: Sports Romance, New Adult
Also by this author: Dirty English
Badass Athlete: I dare you to…
Delaney Shaw: Who is this?
The late night text is random, but "Badass Athlete" sure seems to know who she is…
Lover of fluffy kitties and Star Wars.
His dare? Spend one night in his bed—a night he promises will be unforgettable—and she can solve the mystery of who he is.
She knows she shouldn't, but what else is she going to do with her boring Valentine's Day? One sexy hook-up later, her mind is blown and the secret's out.
The most talented football player in the country.
Just ask him.
Too bad for him Delaney's sworn off dating athletes forever after her last heartbreak.
But Maverick wants more than one night and refuses to give up on winning Delaney’s heart. She isn’t one to be fazed by a set of broad shoulders.
Will the bad boy land the nerd girl or will the secrets they keep from each other separate them forever?
I DARE YOU is a full-length stand-alone novel.
Pros about I Dare You:
- About a football player who ISN’T a quarterback! Hooray!
- While Mav had some player tendencies and had certainly hooked up a lot, he was totally focused on Delaney once she was single. His devotion is such a nice change from the typically college/NA romances where the guy is a douche for a while!
- His devotion to his sister is amazing. Caring for someone with TBI is incredibly difficult yet Mav does it flawlessly.
- Delaney is a ‘nerd girl’ and the book is filled with references to Star Wars and The Princess Bride!
- Sweet romance where most of the angst doesn’t come from the push/pull type relationship between the Hero and Heroine.
- Well written character with a disability! Raven has TBI and Madden-Mills makes her well rounded and more than her disability!
Cons for I Dare You:
- Its fairly predictable
Bottom line? I really enjoyed I Dare You! Its sweet romance with low angst, nerd girl humor, and a guy who loves his sister! What more could you want?
- POV: dual 1st
- Tears: no
- Trope: football, college
- Triggers: none
- Series/Standalone: standalone
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »no « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »yes with epilogue « Hide Spoiler