I have decided to join the Bookish Resolutions Challenge hosted by Michelle at Because Reading and Laura at Trips down imagination road!
Here is how it works:
NEW Rules for 2017:
1. This is a yearlong Challenge it starts January 1st 2017 and ends December 31, 2017
2. You have 4 Main goals to choose from; Blogging Goal, Reading Goal, Writing Goal or Personal Goal
3. You must pick at least 2 Main goals and each main goal must have sub-goals (see below for a list of examples and how many subgoals you need to have for each main goal)
4. Create a sign-up post and add it to the Linky on this post (sign up before March 1st)
5. On the 30th of every other month (and the 29th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on Laura’s or My blog
6. This is a yearlong challenge once you do a sign up post you can add or take away goals as you would like BUT on Jan 1st you will no longer be able change the list.
7. There will be one giveaways see below for details
8. You can delete and Tweak stuff at the halfway point
9. Use the Hashtag #BookishResloutions to update us on how you are doing throughout the year. We will also be tweeting out questions during the challenge so make sure to check the hashtag often.
The Halfway Point
The halfway mark you are allowed to change a few of your goals and also delete some.
So add up all your goals.
Here is how it will work.
If you have 5 goals you are able to delete 1 and tweak 1
If you have 10 goals you are able to delete 2 and tweak 2
If you have 15 goals you are able to delete 3 and tweak 3
Do you get it. Every 5 you can delete 1 and tweak 1.
Then just link below your updated resolutions post with what you deleted and what you tweaked. That’s it. We know that after working so hard half the year some of the goals just don’t seem to be working as well as you wanted or some just don’t apply anymore, for example, if you wanted your goal for Netgalley to be 65% and you are now at 70% and want to get to 80% instead. You can tweak it. It will still count on the giveaway this month since you can mark as completed but to be able to enter into the giveaway at the end you must get to that 80%.
I have decided to focus on Reading, Blogging, and Personal goals!
My Reading Goals:
- Read 3 books per month from my TBR list (#RockYourTBR challenge)
- Read/Listen to at least 2 books per month from the Library (Library Love Challenge)
- Read 1 book per month on my “older than 3 months” on my Net Galley Shelf
My Blogging Goals:
- Visit and comment on at least 5 blogs per week (not counting Sunday Post comments!)
- Finish HTML and CSS course from Nose Graze
- Create or participate in at least 6 discussion posts this year
My Personal Goals:
- Use MyFitnessPal to track food daily
- Work out for at least 15 min on the elliptical 5 days a week
- Wear Apple Watch to track steps daily (including weekends since I get super lazy then!)
Okay, these are all things I have been wanting to do and I am hoping this challenge will give me some accountability! I suck at accountability and my husband is not good at keeping me accountable for things either. I need my blogging buddies to help hold my feet to the fire!! I hope you will join the challenge!
Tell me, what are your New Years resolutions (bookish or otherwise!)
Please follow and like us: