Its #TopTenTuesday again! This week: books/authors that were hyped and lived up to it! I’m not one for reading really hyped books (because most of them are YA or lit fiction) so this list will be hard for me.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang: The buzz started early about this book and I was excited. I mean, a heroine with ASD? Yes! And let me tell you, this book was everything I was hoping for. The characters were well written, dynamic, and totally endearing.
- Harry Potter: Yes, I came late to the HP game. By the time I picked up book 1, book 4 was already released. I binged all 4 in a week. This book was simply everything I had heard it would be! Unique, exciting, and fantastical.
- Lisa Kleypas: At the urging of Nick from the Infinite limits of Love, I read my first LK book. Seriously, the woman can’t write a bad book!
- Nalini Singh: This was another author who I had heard all about. By the time I started the Psy-Changeling series there were 16 books out. I have never binged a series so quickly! I couldn’t get enough.
- Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught: Wow. This book was one of those that just stuck with me! McNaught is one of the heavy hitters of romance and this book shows why!