This is a tough topic to tackle! There are a few series that pop to my mind right away though, so let me start with those!
- The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich: I loved these books for like the first 12-15 in the series, but now its like reading the same book over and over again. I think I stopped around 20 or 21. Every time Stephanie would destroy a car, Ranger would call her Babe and flirt, Bob the dog would create a disaster, and Joe would worry about Stephanie. EVERY.SINGLE.BOOK.
- Blue Bay Crew by Cathryn Fox: I just didn’t care for these books at all. Blue collar guys who fall for rich girls? Meh. I felt like there was little plot and what little plot there was, I found weak and uninteresting. I read book 1 and book 2 was a DNF for me. I’m tapping out on this series.
- The Dark Codes series by Marissa Farrar: The story started out with some promise but there is a scene at the end of book 1 that was just messed up and totally turned me off from the series (and honestly, I’m not sure I would read the author again!)
- The Ariel Kimber series by Mary Martel: Book 1 was so good. Book 2 was so boring. By the end of book 2, I was like “Meh, I don’t care any more”. This series certainly falls into the “too many books and too little time to waste” reason for bailing.
- The Breakaway series by LP Dover: I enjoy Dover’s contemporary romance and romantic suspense and was excited for a sports romance from her. Sadly, book 1 was just okay and book 2 was a DNF. I don’t plan to continue with the series (if she writes any more; honestly, I am not sure if any more have been written!)
Ok, now, next are series I have read several books in, but have skipped a few books and never plan to read them for various reasons:
- Romancing the Clarksons by Tessa Bailey: I read book 1 and 4. The ones in the middle were about the siblings I just didn’t care much about!
- Fighting series by JB Salsbury: I read books 1, 2, and 7. I just never really felt compelled to read most of the series. They are SO angsty.
Alright, this final section is for series that are finished and I have read, but not finished. These are ones I might actually finish. Maybe. (Although, if I haven’t finished them by now, they will continue to fall further down my TBR!)
- Preppy by TM Frazier: I read books 1-4 of the King series and jumped right on Preppy. But when Part 2 came out, I was like “meh” and now part 3 has been out for a while and I still haven’t picked it up. I enjoyed the series. I just haven’t felt the desire to jump back into that world I guess.
- Montana Heat series by Jennifer Ryan: I liked book 1 and I love Ryan’s writing. I just haven’t been in the mood to pick this series back up.
- Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle: Book 1 was interesting. However, I think this is a series that I will either never pick up again or binge on. Feast or famine I suppose. The audio was good, so maybe I will continue with that.
Wow-I didn’t think I would get 10! Have you read any of these? Do you think I should reconsider reading a few of these series? What series have you given up on? Share your thoughts in the comments!