Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [21 Aug] Monster in the Closet by Karen Rose ★★★★
- [23 Aug] On the Chase by Katie Ruggle ★★★★
- [24 Aug] Demolished by Cathryn Fox ★★★½
- [25 Aug] Pretend You're Safe by Alexandra Ivy ★★★★
- [25 Aug] Celebrating Love by Maryann Jordan ★★★★½
- [26 Aug] Eye Candy by Tijan, Bella Jewel ★★★★½
What’s Coming Up:
- Disorderly Conduct by Tessa Bailey
- The Playboy Bachelor by Rachel Van Dyken
- Rebel by Rebecca Yarros
- So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks
- Escape to You by Jennifer Ryan
This Week’s New Releases:
- $25 amazon GC from Royally Mine anthology
- Search and Rescue series by Katie Ruggle Prize pack
- $25 amazon GC from Sarah Robinson!
What I Found Online:
- Find the love of your life in the bookstore from Goodreads blog!
- Best YA books of August from Goodreads blog!
This Week’s Book Haul:
I also got Drumline by Stacy Kestwick and Redemption Island by LB Dunbar!
So, Monday was the eclipse! We were in the 90% totality area which was cool. It was a beautiful, cloudless day Monday as well. We did have a teacher inservice that day, but since we are all teachers, we kept getting up to go outside and watch! The science department furnished the NASA approved glasses!
Wednesday was our first normal day of school with students and all. Let me tell you…I had a ROUGH 3 days. I am trying to adjust to my ‘new’ caseload additions (I kind of know the kids, but they were on my former coworker’s caseload that I took over when she left), trying to adjust to a new grade book system, trying to find manage all the things my former coworker just took care of without me having to ask, and to top it all off, not getting ANY sleep because I am so stressed. Seriously, these 3 days felt like 3 weeks. I keep telling myself it will get easier. (Please, dear God, let it get better!)
My reading took a nose dive this week too! I WAS ahead in my reviews…now? Yeah, I’m barely a day ahead. I have never in my blogging life told a publisher or PR company that I couldn’t have a review on time. Seriously, I am just a timely person I can’t fathom it. So, instead, I will run myself ragged getting it all done because, while my logical brain tells me to just tell people things will be late, my OCD brain is screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO terrible things will happen. Bottom line? I will end up getting no sleep at all in order to do all the things and read all the books. Healthy? No.
My husband went on a camping trip this weekend so I have been home alone since Friday. He gets home from work on a normal day around 7 or 8, and then I am asleep (usually!) by 9:30, so having him gone for the weekend doesn’t feel a whole lot different. However, I do find myself talking to my dogs a lot just to have some sort of interaction with a living thing! The dogs aren’t impressed with my chatter, but they do love getting Dave’s side of the bed to themselves.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!