Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [23 Oct] The Final Fight by J.B. Salsbury ★★★★
- [24 Oct] Cuffed by K. Bromberg ★★★★
- [25 Oct] Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh ★★★★
- [26 Oct] Finding Peace by Maryann Jordan ★★★½
- [27 Oct] Ride Wild by Laura Kaye ★★★★½
- [28 Oct] Falling For His Mate by Savannah Stuart, Katie Reus ★★★★
- [28 Oct] Protecting Sam by Abbie Zanders ★★★
- [28 Oct] Mae Day by Anne Conley ★★★½
What’s Coming Up:
- Follow by Tessa Bailey
- The Scandalous Flirt by Olivia Drake
- Touch of Red by Laura Griffin
- The Learning Hours by Sara Ney
- Daveigh by Jody Kaye
- Mistletoe Me, Baby by Katie Reus
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- This hilarious article about how America, Australia, and England are different. SWOOPING SEASON! Oh my gosh! I laughed so hard!
- And the latest explained by a Gangsta video (I never get tired of these!)
This Week’s Book Haul:
eBook ARCs thanks to the publishers and authors:
Audio ARCs thanks to Tantor!
I mentioned last weekend that I was going with my seniors to a Mosque this week. We had a very informative visit! The speaker was a lovely woman from Pakistan who engaged the kids in a chat about the Muslim faith but also the misconceptions. She spoke to them about women’s rights, jihad, and answered all their questions with candor. It was such a great trip.
I finally got my wish for the weather to get colder. This week it actually got down to freezing a couple of nights! I love cold weather and snow so winter is my absolute favorite. Last year we had hardly any snow and I hope this year is different. Partially because I love snow, but really? I’m a teacher and I live for snow days. Its like God’s gift to those of us who dare to teach.
Speaking of teaching, I had to work on both Saturday and Sunday (I’m probably at work while you are reading this so I promise to visit later!). Saturday we had the ACT and I am the test coordinator for our school. Then Sunday was open house. Since we are a Catholic school we have recruiting activities like open house. Potential students and their parents come and check out the school, see the clubs and sports we offer, and ask questions of teachers and current students. Its very important but its so exhausting. 2 hours of smiling non stop, answering the same question for dozens of different people, and then knowing you have to come back to work in 12 hours. October is a busy month for me and I am ready for a break!
I have been on such an audiobook binge! My commute to work is about 40 min so I can get about 80 min of listening time a day. Plus, on the weekends I listen while I clean. I am starting to develop a list of my favorite narrators so I can listen to more books by those awesome people. Also, right now, audible has a deal going on for the 1 year plan for $99. Even though I was already a member, I was able to email them and ask about it, and they gave me the deal. So, I now have 12 credits burning a hole in my account!! I’m trying to hold onto them….we will see how long that lasts!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!