Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [29 May] Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle ★★★½
- [30 May] White Hot by Ilona Andrews ★★★★
- [1 Jun] Fighting With Honor by K.C. Lynn ★★★★
- [1 Jun] Hard Stick by L.P. Dover ★★★
- [2 Jun] Silver Silence by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- And check out my #COYER post (with a giveaway!)
- Favorite read of the week? SILVER SILENCE! GAH!
What’s Coming Up:
- Revenge by Lexi Blake
- Cougar Bait by Evangeline Anderson
- The Enforcer by Katana Collins
- Hearts on Air by LH Cosway
- Protecting Kiera by Susan Stoker
This Week’s New Releases:
- $10 amazon gift card on my #COYER Post
- Rocky Mountain Search and Rescue prize pack
- Print copy of Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews
- $20 gift card
What I Found Online:
- Join the #getsocial blogger event with Anna @ Herding Cats and Burning Soup!
This Week’s Book Haul:
I also received an early copy of Stay Close from ALEXA RILEY!!! (I love them so much!)
WON from the lovely Corinne Michaels
Schools out for summer! Woohoo! Graduation was Friday night. I am very close to my students in this particular group so seeing them graduate was bitter sweet. As a special education teacher, I am so incredibly proud of them. But, as a teacher who has been with them since they were freshmen (been there for the good, the bad, and the ugly!), I will miss them terribly. I cried. A lot. Plus, one of my favorite coworkers is moving on to another school. Again, bitter sweet because I am thrilled for her-this is a position that she has wanted for years. But I will miss her dearly. So, losing my favorite students AND my favorite coworker? Its been a tough week for me emotionally.
So, our AC went out on the 26th. Now I have spend $9000 on a new AC unit and a new furnace (because apparently we needed both). 2 weeks before our vacation was not the time I planned on dropping 9K, but what can you do? So, I financed it all and will be paying it for the next forever months. But, at least we won’t have to worry about it for a long time. Our energy bills are CRAZY high and we always knew it was because the AC was ancient (its 40 years old!) but we didn’t realize the furnace was 28 years old! So, I am hoping to pay less monthly in electric bills as a trade off for this large purchase.
That was my week! Time with my graduating students, time with my departing coworker, and large ticket purchases. #Adulting like a champ!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!