Series: Men of Mercy #8
Genres: Romantic Suspense
As a Special Forces operative, Aaron Spears knew better than to get involved with a woman. He couldn't afford a relationship and didn't want to put anyone through the hardship of his job. But his brain had fired a blank when he asked Celine Latimer to come to the high-profile wedding of Caroline Cotter, daughter to Senator Tom Cotter, that he'd been assigned to guard. He'd been so sure this would be a cake mission - until his old rival attacked and kidnapped Celine and Caroline.
Celine Latimer thought she’d hit the jackpot with hunky SF operative Aaron Spears. They spent an entire week together flirting and training, but when push came to shove and Celine made a move, Aaron turned her down flat, leaving her broken hearted. She’d always came second in life – second to her brother and sister, second in relationships and now, second to Aaron’s mission. When terrorists kidnapped the senator’s daughter, Celine became collateral damage.
He'd been sworn to protect and he'd failed. Now Aaron lived for one purpose- to find the woman he'd lost and beg her forgiveness. Can Celine find the strength to forgive and believe in Aaron again?
In case you are new to the blog, Susan Stoker is one of my favorite authors. So, when I found out she was having a Kindle World for her SEALs and Delta Force books, I was all over it! Aaron’s Honor is Lindsay Cross’s contribution and it crosses over with her own Delta Force heroes.
So, I enjoyed Aaron’s Honor but there are a few things I need to mention.
- It really isn’t a stand alone. At the very least you need to read book 7 so you know what happens at the disastrous wedding. Perhaps you need to read back even further. I don’t know for sure because I haven’t read any of them either. It really did affect my enjoyment
- Because its a novella, things happen fast. The ending was just sort of…well, over. Things wrap up way too quickly and I was left wondering what the hell just happened. Large plot questions are left unanswered (assuming they will be in the next book).
So, keep those things in mind when reading. If you have read Cross’s series up to this point, you will probably LOVE this book and won’t have any of the issues I did. Maybe you can tell us if we need to read ALL the books first!
I liked the characters of Aaron and Celine but I felt I didn’t really know them. Like the plot, they felt rushed and underdeveloped. Again, I think its due to the fact I haven’t read the series. Having said that, I am planning to read the series! Book 1 is free and already on my kindle waiting!
Check out all the books in Susan’s Kindle World-Special Forces: Operation Alpha!
- POV: 3rd
- Tears: no
- Trope: damsel in distress, military
- Triggers: kidnapping and attempted rape
- Series/Standalone: Series
- Cliffhanger: kind of…
- HEA: View Spoiler »I think so…I mean, you see this part where Aaron and Celine are at his Nona’s house together. I don’t know if its in the future or present and nothing is said about their future relationship. So an HFN perhaps?? « Hide Spoiler
Rescuing Rayne by Susan Stoker, His to Protect by Stacey Lynn, Strong Silent SEAL by Paige Tyler…then you will probably like Aaron’s Honor!