Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [5 Dec] Out of Love by RC Boldt ★★★★
- [6 Dec] Drakon's Promise by N.J. Walters ★★★★½
- [6 Dec] Rules of Contact by Jaci Burton ★★★★
- [7 Dec] On Thin Ice by Carrie Aarons ★★★½
- [8 Dec] Worth Fighting For by Kirsty Moseley ★★★
- [8 Dec] Nico by Sarah Castille ★★★★
- [9 Dec] Taken by Cynthia Eden ★★★★½
- [10 Dec] Whispers From The East by Eleanor Lloyd-Jones, Katie Fox ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- Off the Rails by Jessica Sorenson
- Lessons in Letting Go by Jessica Peterson
- Max by Sawyer Bennett
- Becoming a Legend by Sarah Robinson
- Fighting for a Second Chance by Nikki Ash (my first DNF in awhile)
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Nick from Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist tells us what she thought about the US when she arrived as an international student!
- Molly from Molly’s Book Nook gives us her tips for saving time on blogging!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Its been a super stressful week. My dad had emergency heart surgery on Tuesday to put in a pacemaker. His heart rate has been dangerous low for a few weeks (20 beats per minute) and when he went to one of his cardiologist appointments, they called for an ambulance and sent him to the hospital right away. He is stable now thankfully, but he does need a new heart valve. The pace maker is really just a temporary fix until they can come up with a plan to replace the heart valve. Then, there are been lots of struggles at work. People fighting over things, being catty, backstabbing, etc. I have never dealt well with it and spent at least an hour crying at work the other day. I hate crying over stuff like that but I was just so upset! Friday we had a staff inservice that was so wrought with tension it was palpable. So awful! We all need a break for sure. We still have 7 school days left before break. Its gonna be tough! Then, to top it off, my husband and I had a disagreement. The title to my car is in his name and my plates need renewed. I found out he never actually transferred the registration with the DMV, so now he has to get the title (because he swears he never got a copy), find time to go to the DMV and switch the registration and get new plates and tags all before mine expire on December 31st. I get so upset about stuff like this because it affects me directly, yet its totally out of my control. I do not do well with that. Ugh…I’m ready for a new year.
So, drama llama aside, I am ready for some time off! It will be nice to have some down time for sure. I need to clean my house, get caught up on the laundry, and just general boring adult stuff like that. Do you all get a ‘Christmas Break’? I could never have a normal 9-5 job! If I don’t get summers off, I would lose my mind! Then again, the trade off is spending every day trying to teach teenagers, so I kind of earn that time…
We still haven’t gotten any snow. It was suppose to snow tonight, but now its just going to rain. I want snow!!!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!