Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [13 Oct] #SundayPost: Hell week is coming
- [14 Oct] Wicked Sinner by Stacey Kennedy ★★★
- [15 Oct] The Art of Theft by Sherry Thomas ★★★★
- [16 Oct] A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting ★★★★½
- [16 Oct] New Series from Lani Lynn Vale: The Valentine Boys
- [17 Oct] Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh ★★★★★
- [18 Oct] #FreebieFriday: October 18th
- [19 Oct] The Novel Approach by Heather Guimond ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen
- Taming My Whiskey by Melissa Foster
- Thriller Thursday
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
My seniors just finished reading Beowulf so this seems appropriate:
- Sam @WLABB starts a great discussion about things that rub her wrong!
This Week’s Book Haul:
So last week was “Hell Week” aka Homecoming week. We all made it out alive but I had totally lost my voice by Thursday and was too sick to go in on Friday (which wasn’t a big deal since it was an early release day). Overall, it wasn’t too terrible of a week (FYI it was also a full moon. So picture this: each day is a crazy outfit day, its the last week of the quarter, and a full moon. Its like a teachers worse nightmare). The stress level was high but its over now and I have a year before it happens again 🙂 Some of my kids did come up with some cute outfits. A bunch of my boys dressed as VSCO girls (they had tried to explain them to earlier in the year because I had never heard the term) and it was hilarious! They borrowed shorts and scrunchies from their sisters and wrote “Hydro Flask” on their water bottles. It was my favorite. My teammates and I dressed as our hogwarts house (there are 4 of us and each of us is a different house-I made them take the “Which Hogwart’s house are you?” quiz once). FYI: I’m so totally Ravenclaw.
I have my final followup and hearing test tomorrow after my surgery. I don’t think I have had any improvement, so I am interested in seeing what my surgeon suggests as a next step.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!