Series: Badge Of Honor #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Suspense
Also in this series: Justice for Corrie, Shelter for Elizabeth, Justice for Boone, Shelter for Adeline, Shelter for Sophie, Justice for Erin, Justice for Milena, Shelter for Blythe, Shelter for Koren
Also by this author: Protecting Cheyenne (SEAL of Protection #5), Protecting the Future, Rescuing Rayne, Justice for Corrie, Shelter for Elizabeth, Rescuing Emily, Justice for Boone, Rescuing Harley, Shelter for Adeline, Marrying Emily, Claiming Grace, Rescuing Kassie, Protecting Kiera, Claiming Alexis, Shelter for Sophie, Rescuing Bryn, Justice for Erin, Claiming Bailey, Rescuing Casey, Claiming Felicity, Justice for Milena, Rescuing Sadie , Rescuing Wendy, Shelter for Blythe, Defending Allye, Defending Chloe, Securing Caite, Defending Morgan, Rescuing Macie, Defending Harlow, Claiming Sarah, Shelter for Koren, Securing Piper
Daxton Chambers loved being a part of the oldest and most distinguished law enforcement agency in the state of Texas…the Texas Rangers. But whoever was burying women alive in his city of San Antonio was always two steps ahead of him…and he hated it. Mackenzie Morgan lived what she considered a normal life. She worked at a non-profit agency, hung out with her best friend, had an annoying, but loving, family, was clumsy, had a tendency to ramble when she was nervous…and was still searching for the man to spend the rest of her life with. Meeting Mack, and finding out just how perfect she was for him, wasn’t a part of Dax’s plan…but he’d be damned if he was going to complain about it. Unfortunately, Dax’s job wasn’t always safe…Both Mack and Dax would find that out the hard way. **Justice for Mackenzie is the 1st book in the Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes Series. Each book is a stand-alone, with no cliffhanger endings.
Ok, so anyone who has followed my blog or my reviews knows I am a HUGE Susan Stoker fan. I love the SEAL of protection series and was super bummed that its almost over. Then I read Justice for Mackenzie. While I will miss my SEALs I am totally in love with this new series! So, why do I love it? Here ya go:
1. The characters are a bit more mature. I LOVE new adult don’t get me wrong. However, its nice to read a book with mature characters who aren’t dealing with the drama and angst of college life!
2. Mackenzie is seriously hilarious! Everyone knows someone like Mackenzie and you love her! She is your crazy friend.
3. Dax is so swoon worthy and a bit of dirty talker…HOT
4. She introduces you to a team of new characters but they don’t all have the same job!! They are all in law enforcement of some sort but all work for different areas and branches. I love that you get to peek into different aspects.
5. Serious suspense in this book. I read the book in one sitting because it isn’t the type of book you can find a good stopping point. It was over before I knew it! Great pacing throughout the book.
6. Their relationship is NORMAL!! Dax and Mack talk about things, they go through the normal dating routine, and don’t just hop into bed. So many books now are all about sex (sex becomes the story instead of part of the story) so I FLOVE a book that shows a normal couple!
There wasn’t a single thing I didn’t like about the book. I am NOT kidding you. This book starts her new series with a bang and I cannot be more excited about it.