Series: Delta Force Heroes #8
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Also in this series: Rescuing Rayne, Rescuing Emily, Rescuing Harley, Marrying Emily, Rescuing Kassie, Rescuing Bryn, Rescuing Casey, Rescuing Sadie
Also by this author: Protecting Cheyenne (SEAL of Protection #5), Justice for Mackenzie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #1), Protecting the Future, Rescuing Rayne, Justice for Corrie, Shelter for Elizabeth, Rescuing Emily, Justice for Boone, Rescuing Harley, Shelter for Adeline, Marrying Emily, Claiming Grace, Rescuing Kassie, Protecting Kiera, Claiming Alexis, Shelter for Sophie, Rescuing Bryn, Justice for Erin, Claiming Bailey, Rescuing Casey, Claiming Felicity, Justice for Milena, Rescuing Sadie , Shelter for Blythe, Defending Allye, Defending Chloe, Securing Caite, Defending Morgan, Rescuing Macie, Defending Harlow, Claiming Sarah, Shelter for Koren, Securing Piper, Defending Everly, Securing Zoey, Shielding Gillian, Securing Avery
Aspen “Blade” Carlisle is the last of his Delta Force team to find love…and he’s pretty bummed about that fact. Which might explain why he finds himself chatting up a telemarketer as if she’s a long-lost friend. But Wendy is surprisingly easy to talk to, so when they go from occasional calls during her work, to nightly conversations on their cells, it somehow feels right. So right, Blade eventually convinces the funny, sweet woman to meet him in person.
When their first face-to-face meeting gets high-jacked, Wendy Tucker is sure she and Aspen made a big mistake in taking their relationship to the next level. But the man is nothing if not persistent. Before long, Wendy’s allowing the handsome soldier to spend more time with her and Jack, the teen brother she’s raising, than anyone she’s ever dated. Though she knows there are limits to how close she can get to Aspen, no matter how much she likes him. Limits carefully constructed to protect Wendy and Jack from a past they’ve been running from for years.
But dating Blade means having an entire team of Deltas at her back. Which may come in handy not just with Wendy’s past…but also when her brother faces a current threat.
Rescuing Wendy continues the stories of the Delta Force team finding love. This time, the man who falls hard is Blade! Here are my thoughts:
- At first, I was SUPER annoyed with Wendy’s self deprecation. I get annoyed with heroines who are all like “oh my gosh, why does he like me? I’m ugly/fat/not worth it”. I realize that MOST women are like this, but it gets annoying to read about it.
- However, I did end up liking Wendy and thought she was a really unique character. What she did for her brother was amazing (yet very far fetched).
- Blade and Wendy had some attraction and I liked that they got to know each other before ever meeting. I’m not sure I fully felt the connection between them, but it didn’t ruin the story.
- The suspense near the end with Wendy’s brother Jack was a bit (a lot) over the top. A Delta Force team taking down some bullies? But, whatever, I still liked it! You just have to kind of suspend reality a bit. I know some readers hate that, but its not a deal breaker for me.
- Jack is a cool kid and his relationship with Wendy really added a lot of awesomeness to the story!
If you like romantic suspense with imperfect heroines (and I don’t mean physically imperfect), strong family bonds, and a touch of danger, Rescuing Wendy will be right up your alley!
- POV: 3rd
- Tears: no
- Trope: secret identity, military
- Triggers: none
- Series/Standalone: stand alone within an interconnected series
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »not really, but the book really sets up the next book, Truck and Mary’s story, big time! « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »yes « Hide Spoiler