Series: Delta Force Heroes #4
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Also in this series: Rescuing Rayne, Rescuing Emily, Rescuing Harley, Rescuing Kassie, Rescuing Bryn, Rescuing Casey, Rescuing Sadie , Rescuing Wendy
Also by this author: Protecting Cheyenne (SEAL of Protection #5), Justice for Mackenzie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #1), Protecting the Future, Rescuing Rayne, Justice for Corrie, Shelter for Elizabeth, Rescuing Emily, Justice for Boone, Rescuing Harley, Shelter for Adeline, Claiming Grace, Rescuing Kassie, Protecting Kiera, Claiming Alexis, Shelter for Sophie, Rescuing Bryn, Justice for Erin, Claiming Bailey, Rescuing Casey, Claiming Felicity, Justice for Milena, Rescuing Sadie , Rescuing Wendy, Shelter for Blythe, Defending Allye, Defending Chloe, Securing Caite, Defending Morgan, Rescuing Macie, Defending Harlow, Claiming Sarah, Shelter for Koren, Securing Piper, Defending Everly, Securing Zoey, Shielding Gillian, Securing Avery, Shielding Kinley, Trusting Skylar, Trusting Molly
Few people know better than Delta Force soldiers that life is unbearably short and achingly precious. So Cormac Fletcher isn't waiting one more day to marry the love of his life, Emily. Fletch has already adopted her daughter, Annie. Now it's time to officially make Emily his too. Emily understands just about every woman experiences a few wedding snafus-but they're usually not of the harrowing, life-or-death variety. Fortunately for her, a guest list full of Delta soldiers and SEALs will make this an event to remember-for both Emily and the uninvited guests trying to ruin her special day.
Marrying Emily is the perfect example of a novella done right! You get a peek into pretty much ALL of Stoker’s previous characters, the FEELS are amazing, and there is a bit of danger to keep it interesting. So, here are the things I loved most:
- Akilah (Tex and Melody’s adopted daughter) is brilliant. She is wise beyond her years and her soul is just beautiful. Seriously, she had me in tears.
- Annie is such a cute little spitfire. I love that she embraces everyone and is not afraid of some of the scarier physical ailments of the people in her life. She loves them and in turn, helps them learn to love themselves.
- Getting a peek into the SEAL team again was wonderful. I loved getting a little insight into their lives and what might be the next stage of life for them. I could read about that team forever.
- Penelope and her deep moment about fears was heartbreaking. GAH! I need her book.
- All the feels, man! Seriously, all of them from everyone.
You have to at least read Rescuing Emily before Marrying Emily, but you won’t appreciate the book as much if you haven’t read all of Stoker’s books. Stoker is one of my automatic 1-click authors so honestly, you will enjoy them all, I promise!
- POV: 3rd
- Tears: yes
- Series/Standalone: series
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »no « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »yes of course! « Hide Spoiler