Series: Play by Play #14
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Source: ARC, NetGalley
Also in this series: Rules of Contact, The Final Score
Also by this author: Rules of Contact, The Final Score, Hot to the Touch, Ignite on Contact
In the new Play-by-Play novel by the New York Times bestselling author of The Final Score, opposites attract when a figure skater and hockey player lace up their skates--and go for the gold...
Will "Mad Dog" Madigan is making his second trip to the Winter Games, and he couldn't be happier. Hockey is his life and playing for the U.S. team is a privilege. Then he meets U.S. figure skater Amber Sloane. She's beautiful, ambitious and driven--everything Will desires in a woman. He would love to show Amber how hot life off the ice can be.
Amber has skated her entire life, sacrificing everything in the hopes of one day winning gold. Now she's competing for the third and final time. She intends to win, and nothing's going to get in her way--until she meets Will. He's an irresistible charmer, and before long Amber is wondering if this sexy hockey player is the perfect guy to show her some moves outside the rink.
But after all the medals have been awarded, Will and Amber will have to decide if what they have together is just a fling or a real shot at true love.
Reasons you should read Shot On Gold:
- Olympians! I am obsessed with all things Olympics!
- I have always wondered what it would be like in the Olympic village-all those gorgeous athletes!
- Crazy ‘dance mom’ type of parent. It really makes you empathize with Amber because you can see how much external pressure she has been under.
- Low Angst! I mean, you of course wonder if they will win in their respective sports and what will happen after the Olympics are over, but otherwise, its a fairly low angst story and I appreciated that!
- Likable characters in Will and Amber-mature, driven, and yet still relatable.
This story is light and breezy, gives me a ‘behind the scenes’ feel of one of my favorite sporting events (the Olympics), and left me with a smile after reading! Fans of sports romance will LOVE Shot on Gold!