Series: I Like Big Dragons #1
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Narrator: Mason Lloyd, Kendall Taylor
Also by this author: Execution Style, Charlie Foxtrot, Coup de Grace, Right to my Wrong, Shock Advised, Hail No, Beard Mode, Lights To My Siren, Fear the Beard
Reading Challenges: Audiobook Challenge 2018
Keifer Vassago, The Prince of Dragons, has enough on his plate without adding a brunette with a bad attitude to the mixFate has a way of screwing all his plans, though, whether he wants them screwed or not. One second he’s fetching his brother from yet another situation that could possibly compromise the Vassago name, and the next that brunette is grabbing his assets.Blythe isn’t after anyone’s assets, though. She’s a good girl. All she wants is to graduate from nursing school, get a job, and move out of her hell hole apartment. What she does not have time to deal with is a sexy bearded man that accuses her of grabbing his junk.She tries to forget about the encounter, but fate’s a cruel bitch.One second she’s a normal college student barely living paycheck to paycheck, and the next she’s setting her panties on fire with powers from an ancient immortal dragon. To add insult to injury, she’s hearing voices, and none of them are figments of her imagination. Blythe’s life is turned upside down, and Keifer forces her to adapt even though she doesn’t want to. She likes her life just the way it is.Not to mention she wants nothing to do with that arrogant asshole. She doesn’t care that he rides a dragon. She also could care less about his stupid beard, and his sexy eyes.Yeah, who was she kidding? She wasn’t convincing anybody.
I Like Big Dragons and I love this new series from Lani Lynn Vale! The titles are quirky throwbacks to songs or phrases, which does a great job of attention grabbing! But, beyond that, this was such a fun listen!
Seriously, this story had all the things I love:
- Fated mates! Woohoo!! I love a good fated mates trope!
- Dragons! They aren’t dragon shifters, its legit dragons. They live in Dallas, Tx. Its a normal world except you look up, and yep, dragons. Thats just cool! And, Declan can speak telepathically with Keifer and Blythe so you get his thoughts and dry humor! Also, BABY DRAGONS!!!! Adorable.
- Virgine heroine. I know, I know. But, I don’t care. I love it!
- Funny dialogue. Seriously. Vale writes great banter and witty humor.
Mason Lloyd and Kendall Taylor narrate (as they do for all of Vale’s books) and like usual, they are on point! Seriously, these two are some of my favorite narrators.
If you like quirky romance that a is a little different than the run of the mill stuff, you will like I Like Big Dragons and I Cannot Lie. I am thrilled to dive right into the next book because I want to know Brooklyn and Nicolai’s story!
- POV: dual 1st
- Tears: no
- Trope: fated mates, fantasy
- Triggers: none
- Series/Standalone: series (book 1)
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »no « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »yes « Hide Spoiler