Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [7 Aug] The Gun Runner by Scott Hildreth ★★★★
- [8 Aug] Man of Honor by Sarah O'Rourke
- [10 Aug] Worked Up by Tessa Bailey ★★★★★
- [10 Aug] It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- [11 Aug] Seducing The Boss by Mari Carr ★★★½
- [13 Aug] Obsession Falls by Christina Dodd ★★★★½
What’s Coming Up:
- Grievous by Nancy Haviland
- Kayden/Simon by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright
- Ravage by Tillie Cole
- A Scot in the Dark by Sarah Maclean
- Her Darkest Nightmare by Brenda Novak
- In My Arms Tonight by Sasha Clinton
This Week’s New Releases:
And, check out this $200 giveaway from Rachel Van Dyken to celebrate the Kindle in Motion announcement! Her books, The Matchmaker’s Playbook and The Matchmaker’s Replacement have both received the Kindle in Motion treatment and its pretty cool!
What I Found Online:
- Lexxie at UnConventional Book Reviews tells us what schools are like in Switzerland!
- The Goodreads blog lists the highest paid authors in the world!
- Parajunkie teaches us how to create Fancy social icons for our blogs!
This Week’s Book Haul:
And I also went a little crazy with NetGalley and ARC’s (I would say I am ashamed at my lack of control, but I’m not!)
Thanks to the publishers and authors for all these pretties!
Well, I had my doctor’s appointment. The good news is all my labs came back good! My thyroid levels were fine, my A1C is fine. The only thing that was low was my Vitamin D. The bad news is I don’t know why I have been feeling so crummy and gaining weight. My doctor wants me to get 5 hours of cardio a week and cut my calories to 1200. I am kind of miserable just thinking about it. So, anyone have any low calorie food ideas?!? I can’t have gluten. I would love any advice you all might have!
I finished teaching the test prep course and now I start my actual job! Next week we have staff meetings and freshmen orientation. Then school officially starts on August 23rd! And I leave for Italy on September 21st! I am still really nervous because its all new to me. I have never traveled outside the USA. With my OCD, I struggle with situations I am unfamiliar with so chaperoning 25 high school seniors to a foreign country is about as unfamiliar as it gets! Have you traveled overseas? What do I need to know? What do I need to get or prepare for? Also, since I can’t have gluten, how difficult is it going to be for me to find food while I’m there? The only thing I do have is a power adaptor for my macbook and iPhone!
My school has a 1 to 1 iPad program (that means every student in the building has his/her own iPad provided to them by the school). The teachers get iPads too. Well, they haven’t given the teachers new iPads in 4 years but they finally upgraded ours! I am now the proud owner of an iPad Air 2 64Gb! They got me and the other IS the bigger storage because we have to store more textbooks since we work across all content areas. I was super excited! Now, my old iPad 2 has become my exercise iPad (the one I keep on my elliptical machine) and my iPad mini has been given to a friend in need.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!