Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [8 Jan] Small Town Siren by Sophie Oak, Lexi Blake ★★★½
- [9 Jan] Beautiful Killer by Sherilee Gray ★★★★★
- [10 Jan] Picking Up the Pieces by Maryann Jordan ★★★★
- [11 Jan] Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [13 Jan] Bayside Passions by Melissa Foster ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- Rescuing Casey by Susan Stoker
- Leveled by Cathryn Fox
- Out of the Darkness by Heather Graham
- Judgement Road by Christine Feehan
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Nick shares the 2018 YA books she is willing to go broke for over at Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite booklist!
- And while you are over there, check out why Nereyda feels she sucks at blogging (oh my gosh I can so relate to some of her points! Except I blog alone so I don’t even have anyone to pick up my slack!)
- Renee at Addicted to Romance gives us her 2018 Resolutions (and I can so relate!)
- Geybie has another great ‘Recommend Me’ post about Fighter romances!
- Zeee at I heart romance and YA discusses how awesome dual POV is in contemporary romance (and she is spot on!)
This Week’s Book Haul:
I got my snow day!! Monday we got some ice so no school for me! Then, Friday, we got snow in the afternoon so we had an early dismissal! Monday the 15th is MLK day so we don’t have school but we are suppose to get more snow that morning. I am one very happy teacher!
Even with it being a short week, it was a stressful time at work. Its the end of the quarter and everyone is cranky (adults, kids, everyone!). I had a less than friendly run in with a coworker and I hated it. I don’t like confrontation at all! Because of my OCD, I really tend to perseverate on these types of interactions and its just so frustrating.
I had my endocrinologist appointment Thursday. As I suspected, my TSH was higher than normal. However, it wasn’t high enough to warrant a med increase. The thing about Hashimoto’s is that your numbers swing like this. My thyroid has been pretty well managed so the swings don’t happen often, but when they do, its super noticeable to me. So, I have to make a few changes to my diet (fewer carbs, more veggies) to see if that helps. She also ordered a cortisol test. So, I have to get up at midnight two different times and spit into a little vial. How strange is that?
One of my goals this year is to up my Instagram game. I have been taking lots of pics and working with other romance bloggers to help build up my IG skills. I find I am really enjoying taking and staging pictures; however, I do NOT have the same artistic eye that others do. It certainly doesn’t come naturally to me…like at all. But, I’m going to keep trying! Are you on IG? Have any tips you want to share with the desperately unartistic like myself?!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!