Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [1 Jun] Fighting With Honor by K.C. Lynn ★★★★
- [1 Jun] Hard Stick by L.P. Dover ★★★
- [2 Jun] Silver Silence by Nalini Singh ★★★★½
- [4 Jun] Sworn to Protect by Diana Gardin ★★★½
- [5 Jun] Cougar Bait by Evangeline Anderson ★★★★
- [6 Jun] Abandoned by Rhonda Pollero ★★★★
- [7 Jun] Revenge by Lexi Blake ★★★★
- [8 Jun] Hearts on Air by L.H. Cosway ★★★
- [8 Jun] Protecting Kiera by Susan Stoker ★★★★½
- [9 Jun] Enforcer by Katana Collins ★★★★
- [11 Jun] The Story of Us by Tara Sivec ★★★★
- [12 Jun] The Mistaken Billionaire by Lexxie Couper ★★★★
- [13 Jun] Salvaged by Jay Crownover ★★★★★
- [14 Jun] Falling Hard by Pamela Clare ★★
- [15 Jun] Fast Kill by Kaylea Cross ★★★★
- [20 Jun] Gone to Dust by Liliana Hart ★★★★
- [21 Jun] Protected by Love by Jennifer Ryan ★★★★
- [22 Jun] Infiltration by Janie Crouch ★★★★
- [23 Jun] Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★
- [27 Jun] The Highland Commander by Amy Jarecki ★★★
- [27 Jun] Lord of Lies by Amy Sandas ★★★★
- [28 Jun] Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker ★★★★
- [29 Jun] The Catch by K. Bromberg ★★★★★
- [30 Jun] Call to Engage by Tawny Weber ★★★½
Favorite reads of June: Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare and The Catch by K. Bromberg!
What’s Coming Up:
- Day of the Duchess by Sarah Maclean
- Wired by Julie Garwood
- Drakon’s Plunder by NJ Walters
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- So, I haven’t had much time to check out the web, but if you want to see some of my pictures from Europe, check HERE
This Week’s Book Haul:
Purchased (so many Entangled books on sale for 99 cents!):
ARCs thanks to the publishers and authors (this is from the past 2 weeks):
Audio ARCs thanks to Tantor!
My Europe trip was awesome! We had 2 days in London, but one of them was marred by Jet Lag. Seriously, like I could sleep on the plane on the way to London! So, we landed, and started with the touring right away. By 8 pm I was miserable from being so sleep deprived and needing a shower. Of course we go to Europe during their worst heat wave. But, we saw lots of awesome things and had a great time! Then we were off to Caen and the beaches of Normandy. It was awe inspiring! Then we went to St. Malo. Seriously, go there!!! Its gorgeous and wonderful. We stayed there for 2 days. Then off to Paris, which was my least favorite. It was loud, dirty, and crowded. The Louvre was cool though. I wish we had more time at the museum, but again, like Paris itself, loud and crowded. After 3 days in Paris we were off to Brugge and Brussels! 2 words: Belgian Chocolate! It was amazing. Belgium is so quirky I loved it! I am happy to be home though. Travel is exhausting and expensive! (below are just a few of my pictures!)
Just before we left we spent 9k on a new AC and furnace. Friday we discovered that sewage was backing up into our basement. I so do not have the money for this. Our credit is maxed from the AC purchase and we JUST got back from vacation so our savings is nonexistent. Home ownership is KILLING ME! How do you all handle these unexpected expenses? Not being able to use water since Thursday was not cool. I have 2 weeks worth of laundry to do from our trip. So, I am currently in a hotel that our insurance is covering since, you know, toilets are a necessity and right now, we can’t use ours. (Like I haven’t had enough hotels lately! At least they found one that allows dogs since we couldn’t leave them at home). Buy a house, they said, it will be great, they said. When does it get great?
So, yeah, the good was the trip, the bad is my bank account, and the UGLY is the poo water in my basement. Thats my life right now. At least I am off work until August!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!