Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [17 Apr] Edge of Brotherhood by Molly E. Lee ★★★★
- [18 Apr] Dark Alpha's Lover by Donna Grant ★★★★
- [19 Apr] The Player by K. Bromberg ★★★★½
- [20 Apr] Ride Rough by Laura Kaye ★★★★½
- [21 Apr] The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan ★★★★
- [22 Apr] Finding Honor by Ripley Proserpina ★★★★
- [22 Apr] Beauty in Winter by Alexa Riley ★★★★
So, I really enjoyed everything I read this week! Woohoo!
What’s Coming Up:
- Lost Rider by Harper Sloan
- Midnight Target by Elle Kennedy
- Never Trust a Pirate by Valerie Bowman
- The Enforcer by Helenkay Dimon
- The Playboy Bachelor by Rachel Van Dyken
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Tumblr posts about YA Novels that will have you laughing from Buzzfeed books!
- Molly’s Book Nook gives us 6 ways to speed up your blog!
- I loved this article at Addicted to Romance titled “Why I don’t read YA” and I totally agreed! Also, wish her happy blogiversary-8 years!!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Today is my last day of spring break! 🙁 However, I only have 5 weeks left before summer break, so it will go by fast! I have to proctor ACT make ups, AP testing, 2 more IEP meetings, and summary of performance reports for all my graduating seniors in those 5 weeks. It will keep me busy for sure!
I did manage to get some things done around the house during break. I am finally caught up on the dishes, I scrubbed the walls in the kitchen by our back door (the dogs come in muddy and the walls were covered in mud splatters!), cleaned the bathroom, did a million loads of laundry, and continued to sweep the endless fur dust bunnies.
Our new luggage has arrived as well! I am getting super excited for our trip! 61 days until we leave! It will be here before I know it for sure. I’m still super uncomfortable about leaving the dogs in daycare/boarding for 12 days. I will miss them so, so much! When I went to Italy in September my husband was home, so I got lots of updates and pictures. Maybe I can bribe someone at daycare?? For the money we pay, I should get at least a picture or 2! $50 a day! That will be $650 for the trip. I should get pictures for that kind of money right?!?
I have been binge watching Investigation Discovery on my apple TV. Oh my gosh! I am addicted to all things true crime. Its a problem. I am actually getting a little nervous that pretty soon, I will have gone through everything on the app and then what will I watch?! Oh, and I binge watched Lockup on Netflix! I love that show too!! They only have a few seasons though, so I watched all of that pretty quick. Hopefully they will add more soon. I have also been listening to a book about the Steven Avery trial written by one of his original trial attorneys. Its fascinating whether you think he is innocent or not. Buting (the lawyer/author) gives you such an amazing insight into the legal process, the tricks and tactics law enforcement and prosecutors can and do use, and how it can lead to all kinds of confusion. As a normal citizen, I have always tended to think that the evidence provided by the cops and prosecutor is honest and validated. However, if you listen to any true crime accounts from innocent victims later vindicated, you realize that is so not true! I think what happened to Brendan Dassey was horrendous; I am still not sure where I stand on Steven and his guilt, but Brendan Dassey was totally railroaded! Okay, rant over!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!