Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [11 Sep] Contracted Defense by Piper J. Drake
- [12 Sep] Drunk on You by Harper Sloan ★★★½
- [13 Sep] The Final Score by Jaci Burton ★★★★
- [14 Sep] Sweet Sacrifice by L.D. Rose ★★★★
- [15 Sep] Redemption Island by L.B. Dunbar
- [16 Sep] Breaching the Contract by Chantal Fernando ★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- When the Dead Come a Knockin’ by BL Brunnemer (Audio)
- The Outskirts by TM Frazier
- Running into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds
- Archangel’s Viper by Nalini Singh
- Such a Pretty Girl by Tess Diamond
- Cover of Night by Laura Griffin
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Julie at Happily Ever Chapter shows us her amazing art work!
- Nereyda (from Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Book List) gives us her Monthly Favorites!
- Check out “Why I read Romance” on Parajunkee!
This Week’s Book Haul:
ARCs thanks to the authors and publishers!
I also received 3 audiobooks for review: Archangel’s Viper by Nalini Singh, When I need you by Lorelei James, and Lucas by Sawyer Bennett!
This week at school was homecoming week! This is pretty much just chaos-theme days, spirit olympics, the football game, the parade, and the dance. Then Thursday and Friday I had to attend an in service to become a mentor to the resident educators in our building. It was a pretty good training overall (thankfully); they aren’t always worthwhile so I was glad. Also, Thursday night was meet the teacher night so it was a LONG day.
That was pretty much my week. Work, work, work. This weekend (and into all of next week) the temperature is suppose to climb back up to the mid 80’s and I am not a fan. I love colder weather so I’m ready for this heat to go away.
So last week I mentioned I was really struggling with reading the books I had previously committed to reading that no longer sound good. I started reading novellas or parts of anthologies to help me break up the required books. I can finish them super fast so they don’t interfere with my schedule, but give me a feeling of choice which is nice. Hopefully this will be the answer!
I feel so old because my back hurts. I noticed it Friday when I stood up after sitting for awhile. By Friday night, it was horrible. When I am sitting/laying, its fine but trying to walk…um no. Just no. So I am taking it easy and trying to not over tax my back but still stretch it and all that. I think its arthritis related. My hip has been really bugging me lately too, and I know that is arthritis. Seriously, this getting old stuff is for the birds. Are there any perks to it at all? Bills, weird pain, and wrinkles are all I am getting.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!