Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [5 Sep] Second Chances: A Romance Writers of America Collection by J. Kenner, Christina Lauren, Liliana Hart, Alyssa Day, Rachel Hauck, Damon Suede, Marilyn Brant, Renee Luke, Kerri Carpenter, Tara Wyatt
- [5 Sep] Going Dark by Monica McCarty ★★★★
- [6 Sep] Nothing Left to Lose part 1 and 2 by Kirsty Moseley ★★★½
- [7 Sep] Drumline by Stacy Kestwick ★★★★½
- [8 Sep] Menace by J.M. Darhower ★★★★★
- [8 Sep] Grievous by J.M. Darhower ★★★★★
What’s Coming Up:
- Contracted Defense by Piper J Drake
- Drunk on You by Harper Sloan
- The Final Score by Jaci Burton
- Sweet Sacrifice by LD Rose
- Redemption Island by LB Dunbar
- Breaching the Contract by Chantal Fernando
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Buzzfeed gives us Smart Romance for Geek Lovers!
This Week’s Book Haul:
Hey everyone! So, if you don’t know, I am a high school teacher. This week coming up is Homecoming week. Which means, chaos, drama, and lack of learning. Seriously, if you have ever taught HS or remember what it was like in your high school leading up to homecoming, you feel my pain! Each day is a different ‘theme’ (PJ day, baby day, 80’s day, USA day, etc). Seriously, its insane. No learning happens when kids are wearing a onsie. Then Friday we don’t even have classes. The entire day is ‘spirit olympics’. Yep, we put all the kids in the gym and play ‘minute to win it’ type games and compete by grade level. Is is fun? Of course. But, imagine it from a teacher’s perspective. CHAOS! Add to it that my hearing aids go nuts in an environment that is so loud and echo-y its pretty much my definition of hell. So, good news? I have training on Thursday and Friday and won’t be at school! Yay!!!! Friday night is the football game, then Saturday night is the dance. Then we return to blissful normalcy until Halloween. (You guessed it-the kids can wear costumes!)
Saturday I had to administer the ACT at my school. Its nice extra money and I always appreciate that! Its pretty easy too. So while I would have much rather slept in on Saturday than spend 7 hours at work, the money helps!
I have a bit of a blogging dilemma. I have so many books scheduled for the rest of September and nearly all of October. When I say scheduled, I mean, on a tour or arranged with the publisher. But lately, not a single one of them sounds good and I don’t want to read. I tried to break my funk by picking a book that wasn’t on my schedule to see if it was just a funk, but alas, I still don’t feel the pull to read any of the books I am scheduled to read. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have any ideas on how to NOT sign up for all the things?!? I mean, the books sound good when I sign up, but 2-3 months later when its time to read them? Meh.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!