Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
Wow, its September already! Here is everything I read in August!
- [1 Aug] Enrage by Rachel Van Dyken ★★★★½
- [2 Aug] Wolf's Mate by Celia Kyle ★★★★
- [4 Aug] Under Fire by Scarlett Cole ★★★★
- [7 Aug] Aim by L.P. Dover ★★★★
- [8 Aug] Blue Balls by R.C. Boldt ★★★
- [9 Aug] Bad Deeds by Lisa Renee Jones ★★★★
- [10 Aug] Blade by Alexandra Ivy, Laura Wright ★★★★
- [11 Aug] Blind Date by Bella Jewel ★★★★
- [12 Aug] Torn by Cynthia Eden ★★★★
- [14 Aug] Royally Endowed by Emma Chase ★★★★
- [15 Aug] Shelter for Sophie by Susan Stoker ★★★★½
- [15 Aug] Done by C.E. Johnson ★★★
- [16 Aug] Ignite by Karen Erickson
- [19 Aug] Black and Green by C. L. Stone ★★★★★
- [21 Aug] Monster in the Closet by Karen Rose ★★★★
- [23 Aug] On the Chase by Katie Ruggle ★★★★
- [24 Aug] Demolished by Cathryn Fox ★★★½
- [25 Aug] Celebrating Love by Maryann Jordan ★★★★½
- [25 Aug] Pretend You're Safe by Alexandra Ivy ★★★★
- [26 Aug] Eye Candy by Tijan, Bella Jewel ★★★★½
- [28 Aug] Disorderly Conduct by Tessa Bailey ★★★½
- [29 Aug] The Playboy Bachelor by Rachel Van Dyken ★★★
- [30 Aug] Rebel by Rebecca Yarros ★★★★★
- [31 Aug] So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks ★★★★★
Best reads of the month: Black and Green, Rebel, So I married a Sorcerer! All were amazing!!!
Least favorite read of the month: Ignite…it didn’t ignite anything except my irritation with the characters.
Most anticipated September read: Archangel’s Viper!!!!
What’s Coming Up:
- Second Chances anthology
- Going Dark by Monica McCarty
- Guarding the Broken by Kirsty Mosley
- Drumline by Stacey Kestwick
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Renee at Addicted to Romance gives us the books she would save in a natural disaster
- I had a discussion post on my thoughts of Kindle Unlimited! Do you use it? Have you noticed some of the issues I have?
Poll: Help me gather blogging data!
So, I would like to NOT request as many ARCs and focus on reading the books I have. But, that made me wonder, would people even read blog reviews about books that have been out forever? So, fellow bloggers, help me out and let me know what you have found to be true on your blog! Feel free to add more info in the comments!Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
This Week’s Book Haul:
My Page Habit box arrived! This book box is such fun!!
My ear has really been bothering me this week, so I broke down and went to the ENT. I always feel like they don’t understand how much it is affecting my hearing. I liked this new doctor, but I felt that none of the doctors quite seem to hear me when I say my hearing is like 5% now. I can’t clearly hear/understand words in my left ear any more. Hopefully the ear drops will help me recover at least some of the hearing (I wasn’t working with much to begin with!!). I saw my audiologist on Friday afternoon to get some adjustments to my hearing aids and try to stop the crazy feedback I was getting. We kind of have a plan, but it involves me adjusting to some new domes in my ear canal and we aren’t sure how that will go. I have tiny baby ear canals so we have always had trouble getting hearing aids and domes that fit in my ear canal.
So, the new doc saw me on Saturday (because she is on vacation next week) and sucked a bunch of gunk out (kind hurt, not gonna lie!). She was going to put in a drying powder, but the infection hasn’t really cleared up enough. So, in addition to the drops, she went ahead and gave me a high dose oral antibiotic. She wants me to call on Monday to see how things are going so we try to do the powder if possible. Seriously, a doctor who not only came in on Saturday to see patients (she saw like 5 people this morning) but wants me to call on her vacation so she can come in again? I hope this is going to be a wonderful new doctor for me, because so far, I am really impressed.
The weather here has been nice throughout the week then Friday we got the rain. Seeing the pictures of Houston and the coast of Texas is heartbreaking though. It never seems to matter how prepared people are, storms are so unpredictable. I can’t imagine having to clean up after a storm like that. I had some sewer water in my basement and bemoaned the clean up process. It wasn’t even an inch of water! I cannot fathom having to clean up a house after FEET of dirty water. So, if any of you are in the affected area, my prayers go out to you! I can’t even imagine how overwhelming it must feel.
That was pretty much my week-work and ear drama. I hope you all are having awesome weeks! I want to read all the great things happening in your world!
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!