Series: Rocky Mountain K9 Unit
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Setting: Monroe, CO
Source: ARC, NetGalley
Also in this series: Run to Ground, On the Chase, Through the Fire
Also by this author: Hold Your Breath, Fan the Flames, Gone Too Deep, In Safe Hands, Run to Ground, On the Chase, Through the Fire, Rocky Mountain Christmas Cowboy
Reading Challenges: Blogger Shame Challenge 2018
He's always been a haven:For the lost. The sick. The injured.But when a hunted woman takes shelter in his arms, this gentle giant swears he'll do more than heal her battered spirit―he'll defend her with his life.
K9 Officer Otto Gunnersen always had a soft spot for anyone in need. As Monroe's very own Dr. Doolittle, he dedicates himself to rehabilitating the injured souls that cross his path―but for all his big heart, he's never been in love.
Until he meets Sarah Clifton's haunted eyes. Until he realizes he'll do anything to save her.
All Sarah wants is to escape a life caught between ambitious crime families, but there's no outrunning her past. Her power-mad brother would hunt her to the ends of the earth...but he'd never expect Sarah to fight back. With Otto and the whole of Monroe, Colorado by her side, Sarah's finally ready to face whatever comes her way.
It's time to take a stand.
Things I liked about Survive the Night:
- Otto and Sarah/Alice have some hilariously awkward initial interactions. Both are adorkable!
- Fun animals throughout the story! Baby puppies, cats, dogs, a horse, and even a goat round out this fun menagerie!
- Previous characters play important secondary characters in Otto and Sarah’s story and I love getting to check back in with all of them.
- Lots of danger and action!
Now, listen, if you are one of those readers who like realistic fiction, you will struggle with the main events of the story that unfold in the last 70%. Its a bit overly dramatic (helicopters, bombs, mercenaries, etc). However, if, like me, you can overlook that over the top type of action for the pure enjoyment of the story, you will really love this! Otto and Sarah are sweet and so are all their crazy animals!
If you like beta heroes, Otto is perfect! Survive the Night is a delightful story of romance and danger that will have you flipping pages non stop!
- POV: 3rd
- Tears: no
- Trope: secret identity, on the run
- Triggers: none
- Series/Standalone: series (while this focuses on a different couple, the larger story arc has been in play for the previous 2 books
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »not for Otto and Sarah but there is a set up for the next book « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »yes for Otto and Sarah « Hide Spoiler