Series: The Burg #1
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Setting: Brownburg, IN
Lieutenant Alexander Colton and February Owens were high school sweethearts. Everyone in their small town knew from the moment they met they were meant for each other. But something happened and Feb broke Colt’s heart then she turned wild and tragedy struck. Colt meted out revenge against the man who brought Feb low but even though Colt risked it all for her, Feb turned her back on him and left town.
Fifteen years later, Feb comes back to help run the family bar. But there’s so much water under the bridge separating her and Colt everyone knows they’ll never get back together.
Until someone starts hacking up people in Feb’s life. Colt is still Colt and Feb is still Feb so the town watches as Colt goes all out to find the murderer while trying to keep Feb safe.
As the bodies pile up, The Feds move in and a twisting, turning story unravels exposing a very sick man who has claimed numerous victims along the way, Feb and Colt battle their enduring attraction and the beautiful but lost history that weaves them together.
Ok, I started my KA journey with The Rock Chicks, so I was not prepared for For You. Its not bad-just so very different.
1. I didn’t find Colt to be an OTT alpha like the guys from Rock Chick, Dream Makers, and the like. I mean, he let Feb walk away for 22 years…
2. CRAZY PSYCHO KILLER-again, Rock Chicks, etc all have suspense, but the plot isn’t dominated by a crazed murderer. And dude was crazed.
I enjoyed the plot of For You-plenty of creepiness and suspense, a great, epic second chance love story, and an interesting set of secondary characters. I felt it was a bit longer than necessary. There were certainly points where the book drug out. By 50% Colt and Feb are solidly back together, you know who the killer is and why, and yet there is still 1/2 the book left. KA’s books are usually long, but they don’t FEEL long. There were times For You did.
However, its a great story and I think that each one will get better, so I am excited to explore this series!
- POV: 1st/3rd (1st for Feb, 3rd for Colt)
- Tears: no
- Trope: small town, second chance, police, serial killer
- Triggers: View Spoiler »rape, unknowingly drugged, physical abuse « Hide Spoiler
- Series/Standalone: stand alone
- Cliffhanger: View Spoiler »no « Hide Spoiler
- HEA: View Spoiler »yes « Hide Spoiler