Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
What I Reviewed:
- [2 Jan] Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen ★★★★½
- [3 Jan] It's You part 1 by Katy Regnery, K.P. Kelley ★★★
- [4 Jan] On Broken Wings by Chanel Cleeton ★★★★
- [5 Jan] Satisfaction by Lexi Blake ★★★★½
- [6 Jan] Hunt the Dawn by Abbie Roads ★★★★½
- [7 Jan] Pretty Little Killers: The Truth Behind the Savage Murder of Skylar Neese by Daleen Berry, Geoffrey C. Fuller ★★
What’s Coming Up:
- Beneath the Surface by Melynda Price
- Shelter for Adeline by Susan Stoker
- Retreat by Jay Crownover (So good!!)
- Seconds to Sunrise by Nico Rosso
This Week’s New Releases:
What I Found Online:
- Book Binge has been giving us their Best of 2016 thoughts and I am LOVING their picks!! Seriously, check it out! They have more than just their best of 2016 books! Favorite heroes, heroines, authors, and more!
- Nereyda from Nick and Nereyda’s Infinite Book List gives us some great things she learned in 2016!
- Meet Amanda, the new addition to Latte Nights blog!
This Week’s Book Haul:
We finally got some snow!! Hooray! Sadly, not enough for a snow day, but at least I finally got some snow. Next week, its suppose to be almost 60 degrees. Damn you, Ohio! I’m sick of your wishy-washy BS! Get it together!
It was only a 3 day work week because of the holiday break, but man, those 3 days were exhausting! The snow threw Thursday totally off. Most of the schools in the area were closed, so LOTS of our students didn’t come. Plus, I teach high school, so many kids drive or ride with another high school student. And it was a bit of a slippery drive to work that morning, so I can imagine that I wouldn’t want my child out driving in that. Then, the snow was getting worse as the day went on. So, they dismissed us at 2 (instead of our usual 2:45). Needless to say, the snow was making every giddy and its impossible to teach when you have 1/2 of your students absent and the other 1/2 looking out the window and wondering when they can go home!
This starts the busy time for me at work. All my students’ IEPs are due between now and April so I spend a lot of time doing paperwork, coordinating with parents and other school districts, and sitting in meetings. Plus, in March we have the 2nd round of state testing. Its gonna to be a tough run because our next break isn’t until Easter, which is at the end of April this year. Pray for me!! This is the hardest part of the year. Plus its winter and everyone gets sick and shares their germs!
My husband and his BFF are installing my new stove today. When we bought our home, it had an electric stove. I hate electric stoves and wanted gas. Turns out, the gas line in our house (which is what our water heater uses), runs right under where the stove is! So, its easy to run a line right up and hook up the new stove. Hopefully it goes well. I will admit I am a bit nervous that they are attempting them without a professional, but they have assured me they know what they are doing.
For my birthday in early December I got a new Macbook Pro with the touch bar. On the 22nd, a large cluster of pixels in the display quit working. There was a large black line across the entire top of the screen. So, we had to take it back to Apple, and they shipped it back to China for repair. Well, we FINALLY got the notice that its irreparable because they cannot get the parts they need. So, they are sending me a new one! I will just be glad to have it back. I have been using my old laptop, which is totally fine, but I would like to sell it. We could use the money! Hopefully the new one will be here soon (its been 3 weeks since we gave the other one to apple!).
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!