Welcome to this week’s Sunday Post. This feature is brought to you by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, so swing by after you are done here and get the full list of participants!
- [13 Jun] #SundayPost: June 13th
- [14 Jun] Books to binge read this summer
- [15 Jun] Starfighter Command by Grace Goodwin ★★★★
- [16 Jun] Secret Enemy by Katie Reus ★★★★
- [18 Jun] #FreebieFriday: June 18th
- [19 Jun] Books with LGBTQIA rep for beginners
- Murder at Sunrise Lake by Christine Feehan
- Fortunate Son by Jay Crownover
- An Unexpected Claim by Elle Christensen
- Check out Tanya’s list of books she is excited for this summer at Girl Plus Books
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads!
It was another nice, low key week for me. Tomorrow is my first official day of college (again). When I think about it, it is all a bit overwhelming. Am I crazy to be changing careers at 41? Is this a terrible idea? I know my reasons are valid, but it doesn’t stop the doubt from creeping in for sure. Also, taking 4-5 classes per quarter while teaching full time is going to be a big challenge for sure. That part worries me the least though. It’s the doubts about whether or not this is a good idea (to change careers at 41) that worry me most.
I had the usual summer appointments-yearly doctor visits, contact pick up, hair cut. Other than that, it was just me and the dogs hanging out. Friday night there was a terrible storm. Calleigh isn’t a fan of thunder, and this was a really intense storm. The power went out at 9:30 and even Yoda was a little freaked by this point. Thankfully the power wasn’t out for more than 4 hours or so. Saturday saw the yard flooded so Calleigh refuses to go out back to potty. She just stands on the deck and whines at me. To be fair, even Yoda was not thrilled about the state of the back yard and didn’t race outside like normal. He stuck as close to the deck as possible.
So, whats new with you this week? Did you read any of the same books I did? Did you find any great book deals I need to grab ASAP? Let me know in the comments!